One possible way to simplify and de-stress your Christmas is to eschew the mobs at the big box stores and the mall in favor of traditional brick and mortar businesses in your hometown. Such businesses will likely be less crowded than the mall, and you’ll also be giving back to your local community.
To many, this seems the right thing to do, for America was founded on brick and mortar businesses.
Enter the 3/50 Project, a nationwide, grassroots movement with the following Mission Statement:
The 3/50 Project “supports independent, locally owned businesses by inspiring consumer loyalty to the storefronts that directly fund their communities.
- To promote and strengthen brick and mortar businesses owned by people in the community
- To thank consumers for their patronage
- To expand local revenue streams by showing how a small dollar amount can translate into enormous financial stability
- To shine a light on the stark contrast between what a locally owned brick and mortar business contributes to the local economy and the paltry amount big boxes, franchises, chains, and internet purchases make.
- To save the local economy…three stores at a time
Visit the official website to learn about how you may help.